We all know that using social media is a part of daily life for many people and this is why it is perfect for getting your business and your message out there. An audience that is ready and waiting for you to scream and shout about why your business is amazing!
So why is it many businesses have a poor social media presence? It is a free way to market to your target audience, and all it will cost is a little time.
Here I am, giving you fellow Bizmums a few little pointers that can help with your social media!
Many people will say ‘I don’t know what to put out there’, almost like writers block. Stop and think! My advice is step away from your computer, phone or tablet and get a pen and paper. Ask yourself:
- What is your business about?
- What is the point of your business?
- What is the story behind your business? (People love to connect through stories and real life.)
- If one person was to ask, where is your business now, what would you say?
- What are you doing this week with your business?
- Lastly, what is going to attract people in? Quite often facts, figure, photos, videos and useful links. (All relevant to your business.)
List the answers. Then from this you will be able to create several posts, which are engaging, informative, business related, but still draw in your audience. The more you think about it, the harder it will become.
Being yourself is key! We all know that people will buy into your business if they like and trust you. Portray yourself and your personality.
There is nothing worse than a business using social media and just linking to their website, or stating facts constantly. Link the facts, figures and important information with your personality. You may ask how?
- What words do you use daily?
- How can you make something sound interesting?
- Build it up! If you have a blog post coming out or a newsletter, let people know in advance and remind them every now and again. Don’t be too consistent, but make it fun.
‘Here is my latest blog post. Have a read!’
This is pretty boring and states no excitement. Why would people click the link to read? You haven’t gave them a reason too.
‘Hello my fellow followers! Do you struggle with your social media and remembering to post consistently? My latest blog post covers the ‘how to’ on avoiding this and some super top tips! Pop by, say hey and have a little read. Much love :)’
What does this show you? Personality, fun, and interest. You’re giving them a reason to read by asking the question and showing interest in them personally.
Finally, be active! Not only should you post, but you should interact with others. This will allow your audience to grow and presence to be held strong!
Simply liking or commenting on others photos or posts will do this. Sharing content of other local businesses is always a good thing, showing you care and are interested in their business! Always a bonus, as chances are they will return the favour.
I really hoped this helped some of you guys! Please, please get in contact if you have any further questions. Always a pleasure to help a fellow Bizmum!
Much love, Kate Nutt from Social Media Fanatic